Saturday, February 18, 2012

Everything is Funny

My friends and I laugh at EVERYTHING. We have recently noticed that we are alone in this venture.

We are the people that laugh in the movie theater and NO ONE ELSE IS LAUGHING. Literally, no one.

This has become so apparent lately that I am starting to get genuinely upset by it.

I saw The Vow the other day and at one point I was laughing so hard and my friends weren't even laughing. I got so upset, I said (kind of loudly) "Oh, COME ON! That was funny!"

So, here are the options:

1. My friends and I just think extremely mundane things are, in fact, hilarious.

OR

2. Everyone else's humor pales in comparison to ours.

1. My friends and I just think extremely mundane things are, in fact, hilarious.
We were hungry, but we are never hungry for the same thing. She wanted Panda Garden, I wanted Raising Canes, and we both wanted Custard Factory.

As we pull into the Raising Canes drive-through zone, there is a stoic gentleman sitting at the bar nom-ing on chicken. It looked like he hadn't eaten in months (or at least in front of other humans) because he was GETTING at this chicken.

We pulled forward a little bit and there is a car with the license plate labeled "CANIAC".

People, THAT is dedication. This person is for real serious about Raising Cane's Chicken. Perhaps the stoic gentleman nom-ing chicken in the window also captains the Canesmobile.

We collect ourselves long enough to order and grab my Box-Combo-no-Slaw-Double-Fries-with-a-Diet-Coke-Add-a-Lemon and we gather ourselves to drive towards Custard Factory.

We are wearing mismatched pajamas so naturally we would rather die in the drive through than get out and order inside. Just as we are about to pull in, a Ford F250 barrels in and cuts in front of us. We both turn to each other, with baffled faces, and scream in our deepest voices:

"I NEED CUSTARD NOW. MOVE. GET OUT OF MY WAY."

Needless to say, we both agreed:

2. Everyone else's humor pales in comparison to ours.

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone. My friends and I laugh at words that rhyme.

    ReplyDelete